Pumpkin is one of the most versatile, tasty & nutrient dense foods. It is rich in vitamins and minerals but relatively low in calories. What we love about pumpkin, is that you can leave the skin on when cooking (for added nutrients), and even oven roast the seeds to use in salads or as a snack – zero waste food.
Pumpkin is one of the best known sources of beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant that the body converts into Vitamin A. Vitamin A is important for normal vision, the immune system and reproduction, amongst many other things.
Our Spiced Pumpkin Soup is a wonderful winter soup to enjoy for Lunch or Dinner. We’ve been known to have a cup for afternoon tea!! We recommend serving the soup with a portion of protein and some good fats to make this a complete meal.
- Portion of cooked tempeh or tofu
- Large handful of leftover protein, such as roast chicken or lamb
- 1 – 2 rashers of bacon, chopped
- Handful of toasted pumpkin seeds or seeds of choice
- Slivered almonds, toasted